Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Personal Thoughts on Technologies

As someone who is not technologically savvy, I have to admit that I am amazed by how much I have accomplished so far. I have my home page, I have my own blog, and I even have the luxury to be Designer Larnia in Second Life.

Among all these cool technologies I have learned, probably the blog is my favorite perhaps because I can actually write a blog entry on my own, without any assistance.

My home page is not quite finished and does not represent what I initially envisioned it to be. So I am still working on adding more information on it, but the hyperlinks are killing me... I am slow but patient. Hopefully, I can turn it into a much more engaging, or inviting, home page.

I created a web page about two years ago when I attended a workshop at Miami Dade College where I teach English Composition. However, it is quite different from IUP home page, so I would like to somehow combine the two, a work in progress.

As a teacher I would like my Miami Dade students to be able to access course assignments online, especially when they miss a class or lose the syllabus. So, I guess, my goal in the future is to post my assignments and course syllabi online.

No comments: